Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's God Time...


Lately, God has been showing me that it is His strength that must get me through things. I had coffee the other day with the amazing Mary Roy. We sat and talked for the better part of an hour just about how if you rely on your own strength to get you through whatever it is you are dealing with, you will be exhausted and more than likely disappointed because you can't make it. God's strength is the only thing you can trust. Especially when you feel like Paul and you "...do the things you don't want to do..." and you "don't do the things that you want to do..." it seems like a burden. In my life lately, it's been a constant battle of what I know in my heart is the right thing to do, and what my flesh, my worldly self, wants to do. Reading in Psalm this morning, I stumbled on this verse...

"Thus my heart was grieved, And I was vexed in my mind. I was so foolish and ignorant; I was like a beast before You. Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:21-26

Oh. My. Goodness. Can God even be more clear? More perfect? More comforting? It's like He is just screaming that His strength is perfect in my weakness. He uses David's words in the Psalms to show that we are ALL weak. We are all grieved and foolish. I love how David refers to himself as a beast. Have you ever felt like you are a beast before God? Out of control? I know I can totally relate to how David's heart is feeling in this passage. My flesh fails. Time and time again. But, God is the strength of my heart. And He is my portion forever. 

Today, I feel so connected. So in love with Him. Thank goodness that His mercies are new every morning. Amen? (That's the old baptist comin' out in me!) Well, the coffee has kicked in, the word of God has kicked in, and I'm ready for another day. 

-Much Love- 
Bethany

1 comment:

  1. i. stinking. love. you. ....AND Jesus of course! let's do coffee again asap!

    ReplyDelete