Thursday, July 15, 2010

California Girls ((day two))...

Have you ever been told not to make a plan? Because if you make a plan, then nothing goes how you thought it would. So yesterday, I thought that we were probably going shopping or to the beach... Wrong. We did something so different than that today. And I loved every minute of it. Today, I went to the San Diego zoo with my amazing room mate Chelsea and her family! It was the most incredible zoo I have ever been to in my life. Visuals...

:: This section should probably be titled "Introduction Slash Being Silly" ::



:: Now... For some animals. ::



:: My all time favorite animal is a giraffe... And yes, I got to feed one with my bare hands. Be jealous. ::



Pretty cool, huh? Story time. While we were waiting to feed the giraffes, a lady that worked at the zoo told us that she had worked there for over twenty years, and her first job was taking care of the giraffes. So she knew all about them. Random fact: Did you know that however tall a giraffe is, that is how long (in inches) their tongue is also? CRAZY!!! The giraffe's name that I fed was Bahati and she was seventeen feet tall!

A lot of firsts today. Feeding a giraffe. Check. Eating my first churro. Check. Delicious by the way. Eating at "That Pizza Place" (yes, it really is called that). Check. Here's a few pictures of some cool stuff I found today. I love to appreciate the little things that make me laugh and the amazing things that make me smile.



Well folks, that's all for today. The hot tub called my name as soon as we got back, and now the bed calls. Until next time!

-Much Love-
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment