Monday, July 12, 2010

It's God Time...

I try to make it my goal to wake up and have time with God first thing in the morning. Just talking with Him and reading His word; truly getting to know more about Him. Some mornings, it doesn't always work out, but just so happens that this morning (over a bowl of Lucky Charms) I had an amazing time hearing what God had to say to me through the Word. Should I share? I think so...

"For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, 'Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.'"

There is so much power written in 1 Corinthians 1:26-30. This passage just speaks so loudly to me. I could pick it apart and really share everything that God is telling me through Paul's words. But, the big picture painted for me shows that basically, we as humans are not wise. We can't even comprehend the things that God will do. He uses the weak things. When the world tells us nothing but a message of health, wealth, and prosperity, I don't think that they understand this passage. Why would they? Jesus became our wisdom. That is the beautiful thing. From the time that I started walking with Jesus, he has been revealing to me the nature of God. He is God. He became my wisdom. If it weren't for Him, I would still be preaching health, wealth, and prosperity like the rest of the world who is still in darkness. There is no greater love.

Wow. Such an awesome morning already. Lucky charms and a letter from my God. Amazing. On a more random note, I'll probably write more about the wonderful me later today. (Am I getting a little blog crazy? Probably...) 'Till then.

-Much Love-
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment