Friday, July 16, 2010

It's God Time...

There isn't much that is more rewarding than spending time with my God. This morning, I am in complete awe of his romance and his love. I heard a song recently called My Beloved by Tenth Avenue North. One of the lines in the song says, "Won't you let me make you my bride. You will drink of my lips. And you'll taste new life. Cause you're my beloved." I can't get over how much He loves me. Even here in California, the living word speaks to me (thank goodness that God travels too). I don't usually do this, but I forgot my devotional book at home, so today, I just opened up randomly to Psalms.

"Blessed is the man You choose, and cause to approach You, that he may dwell in Your courts. We shall be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, of Your holy temple. By awesome deeds in righteousness You will answer us, oh God of our salvation, You who are the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of the far-off seas..."
::Psalm 65:4&5::

He is the confidence of the ends of the earth. Of the seas. Of the mountains. Have you ever looked at the ocean? It's not far away for me to right now... Even though I'm probably three miles from it, I see it. It's still there, and it just screams power. If you've ever been to the ocean and looked out across the horizon, it's impossible to see anything but water. It's not just a shy little puddle that has self-confidence issues. God made the mountains, the oceans, everything with power. With confidence. It is a picture of who He is. Everlasting.



-Much Love-
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment