Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's God Time...







This day, I have been so inspired to be beautiful for Christ. Girls, come on... We all know how it feels to wake up and not ever want to see a mirror. My hair looks awful, my face looks like death, etc. No matter how false we know these statements are, somehow we choose to believe them every once in a while. Well, today, I have been looking at passages dealing with beauty. Here we go...

"How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!'"
Romans 10:14

"Since prayer is at the bottom of all this, what I want mostly is for men to pray—not shaking angry fists at enemies but raising holy hands to God. And I want women to get in there with the men in humility before God, not primping before a mirror or chasing the latest fashions but doing something beautiful for God and becoming beautiful doing it."
II Timothy 2:8-10

"... but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious..."
I Peter 3:4

"Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and beauty are in his sanctuary."
Psalm 96:6

It is when we are in the presence of God that we are beautiful. I love the verse, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!" What a pedicure!!! I want to be so beautiful for him.

-Much Love-
Bethany


3 comments:

  1. the 2 timothy verse is one of my faves....i'm thinking of making a pretty print of it for the apartment? :] also, you're LOVELY miss bethany!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you.
    this just made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so pretty! and i love that you like vintage stuff =)

    ReplyDelete