Sunday, August 15, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love


Tonight, my amazing boyfriend took me to see the movie Eat, Pray, Love for our "year and a half anniversary". Normally, we don't celebrate the monthly ones (like I've said before) but, we figured this one was special. I love my boyfriend... and the movie! So while I was with an amazing person, I would like to share how amazingly crazy I am about traveling! You could say I am a little bit intrigued by culture and different countries and languages. A couple of years ago, my mom and I had the opportunity to spend three weeks in Italy. Best three weeks of vacation ever (who am I kidding... it's the only three week vacation I've ever had, but if there were more, I bet this would still top it). Although it's hard to choose a favorite place we visited, I would most likely choose Cefalu. It's a small little town in Sicily. You're definitely in the deep Italian roots here. It's not so much of a tourist town. This equals no english speaking, beautiful scenery, and terrible driving. However, this is the town where my great(x2) grandfather lived. There's something incredibly inviting about a town where you have family roots of a sort. Ever since that trip, I have been so hungry to see more of the world. Top places on the list right now? Stonehenge, England. Santorini, Greece. Cefalu, Sicily (yes, again). Gold Coast, Australia. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Anywhere, Hawaii.


Also, on a random note: I've been craving homemade lemonade a whole bunch lately. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and make some soon!


-Much Love-
Bethany

2 comments:

  1. santorini and rio de janeiro are on my list too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made homemade lemonade a couple of weeks ago! You won't regret it! :)

    ReplyDelete