Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Love Sweet Love...


Am I avoiding studying for finals? Yes I am. Do I love every second of it? Yes I do. First off, I ordered my "usual" white chocolate mocha in a cozy little mug... Which is peculiar because my "usual" has become only an every once in a while thing... I'm poor, what can I say? Secondly, I decided to put off studying in order to do my quiet time... a worthy excuse I think. I've been reading through the book Captivating by Stasi and John Eldridge... which you might recall was on my Christmas list... thank you Mary Roy for checking that one off for me... Anyway... How much does God love us? A lot. It's a lot. Please read this excerpt from the book...

"He [God] wants you to move beyond the childlike 'Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.' He wants to heal us through his love to become mature women who actually know him. He wants us to experience verses like, 'Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her' (Hos. 2:14). And 'You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride' (Song 4:9). Our hearts are desperate for this. What would it be like to experience for yourself that the truest thing about his heart toward yours is not disappointment or disapproval but deep, fiery, passionate love? This is, after all, what a woman was made for."


"Faithful obedience to God is vital, but it is not all God draws us to It is not sufficient for our healing, no more than doing the laundry is sufficient for a marriage. And it will not be enough in the long run to carry us through. The persecuted Church is vast today. More Christians are being martyred in our lifetime than in any other time in church history. It is not obedience that is carrying our brothers and sisters--unwavering, steadfast, eyes ablaze-- to their deaths. It is holy, fierce passion. Hearts afire. For the root of all holiness is Romance."
-



These pictures are just a few of the things that God put in my life to romance me. There are many more that I don't have pictures of yet (I will one day!), but all I can say is thank goodness that we have a God that loves us!

-Much Love-
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment