Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Healer of the Brokenness...

Where to begin. Let's just say life is not at all where I expected it to be right now. I guess that's what I get for making a "plan". God just loves it when we do that. I think he sits there laughing and shaking his head when we're drawing out our map and planning all of the events that will take place in our perfect idea of a life. Nevertheless, I had a plan. A good one. And it failed. Big time. Relationships, classes, future plans (there's that word again), etc. So many things aren't going the way I pictured. And lately, I've felt that God hasn't exactly been giving me the lamp to my feet that he promised. Then, I realize that my idea of a lamp is more like a spotlight maybe? One that shines a mile or two ahead, perhaps?

The truth is that He is right there shining away... one step at a time. My quiet times the last few days have dealt with trusting God... shocking, right? Going through a study over the life of the disciple John, I'm realizing that God wants to take my routine and turn it into something amazing (Luke 5:1-11). To quote Beth Moore, "Jesus walks right up, catches us in the act of being ---again today--- exactly who we were yesterday and offers to turn our routine into adventure." I've asked God for adventure. I've asked him to send me wherever he wishes. To use me in ways that I could only dream of. Just give me direction already! And then he gave me this verse... "Consecrate yourselves, because the Lord will do wonders among you tomorrow." Joshua 3:5.

Literally tomorrow God? Really?! Alright, not the point exactly. The point is to get ready. The direction is to gear up for battle. To focus on Him. To fall more in love with Him every day. Also from Beth Moore, "God can perform a miracle in any one of us at any time, but amazing things happen when you and I are willing to get prepared for a mighty work of God."

So that's where I am... an extremely long blog post later... ready to get ready. I don't know what God is going to do in my life. He may be asking me to just trust Him exactly where I am. And he may be asking me to do something huge for his kingdom. Who knows? The point is that I'm learning to trust him with my whole entire heart. Lean not on my own understanding. Look to him.

-Much Love-
Bethany

p.s. Please listen to this song by Esterlyn. I may or may not have listened to it about a hundred times today and cried every time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Bethany...my heart is full of thanksgiving for the way that you have determined to follow our Lord...even when it is heartbreaking to do so. I know that you will not be disappointed. I am so very proud to have you as my daughter! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete