Sunday, October 10, 2010

Autumn, where have you been all my life...

What a beautiful Sunday morning! Chris and Conrad are definitely singing Lead me to the Cross in the background (you can listen to them here by the way), the sun is shining, the breeze is cool, and everyone is still asleep. And I almost forgot, my cup of coffee is being well appreciated. What kind of coffee you might ask? Remember in my last post (has it really been a week ago?!?!) how I wanted a pumpkin spice latte on my way home? Well, my mom... the genius she is... taught me how to make a home made pumpkin spice! Saving money and making my world more delicious one latte at a time. We searched and searched for a recipe, and we ended up tweeking it anyway... Shall I share?

  • 2 cups of milk
  • 4 tablespoons of sugar
  • 2 heaping tablespoons of pumpkin
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
  • Espresso/Strong coffee
Start brewing your coffee, or for you blessed people out there with an espresso maker... do what you do.
On the stove, heat the milk, sugar, and pumpkin until it's steaming... stir it up occasionally.
Remove the milk mixture from the heat and add in your vanilla and spices.
Once everything is added in, you can either pour it into a mixer, or whisk it by hand to get that yummy texture....
Add your coffee/espresso on top.
And there ya go! You can even top it with whipped cream and cinnamon for extra cuteness. 

Well, I'm off to church! Go enjoy a delicious pumpkin spice!

-Much Love-
Bethany


1 comment:

  1. I love you forever...I'll like you for always...as long as you are living...
    my baby you will be....
    Mom

    ReplyDelete